Friday, November 18, 2011

the fall

last night
the headquarters of pain
shot me messages

i transmitted screams
that taught me of the life
i'd forgotten i had
on the right edge of my left foot

when i fell off my scooter last week
i hadn't intended on falling right into the hands of doctors

now i will be pissing purple stains of
antibiotics

anti-biotic
what does that mean

how did we come to
equate
being anti-life to being healed

how did we figure out
a way to survive
by squeezing life
within this uncomfortable paradox

last night
i screamed through my sleep
tonight
i will be sleeping into oblivion

silencing
once again
the life lurking inside of me

there is hope though
isn't there
that some day
having learnt my lesson
i will wake up to
the sum of infinite
ordinary things
inside me
that await being acknowledged
even without the pain

5 comments:

  1. and sometimes, there is just no other way out. get well soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sorry to hear about this, sweetie. Hope you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. guys, you shouldn't believe everything a poet puts in her poetry to be true.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. take care of yourself anyway, poet, for those who love your phrases

    ReplyDelete